PE and Sports Premium Funding 2020-2021
We are delighted to have been awarded the school games mark GOLD award !
At St Margaret's CE Primary School, the Primary Physical Education and Sport Premium funding (£17,559) was used to help improve the following five key indicators across the school:
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity.
- The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement.
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport.
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils.
- Increased participation in competitive sport.
At St Margaret's CE Primary School we have used the funding specifically towards:
- Increasing the confidence, knowledge and skills of teachers in badminton, cricket, gymnastics, use of multi-skills and swimming after identifying areas of need.
- Increased participation in competitive sport for all children.
- Increased daily participation in sport by introducing the daily mile initiative and active playground spaces across the school, to encourage children to increase their daily exercise.
It is our aim to continue to enhance the teaching and learning in PE at St Margaret's and to make the best use of our resources. By improving our provision, we will raise participation rates and achievement for all pupils. We are keen to build on our current excellent practice and use the funding in ways that can be sustained.